2018 applications will open in March. Please check back then for application information.
About the Bike Voucher program
Cycles for Change’s Bike Voucher program is designed to open a pathway to quality, refurbished bicycles for people who might not otherwise be able to afford one. Our program prioritizes people who
- are low- to moderate-income;
- identify as Black, Indigenous, People of Color, femme, trans, Two-Spirit, non-binary and/or women;
- live or work in the neighborhoods that Cycles for Change serves;
- depend on bicycling for transportation or are committed to biking as a tool for health and community growth.
Voucher recipients will have an opportunity to connect with other Cycles for Change programs such as Slow Roll St. Paul and other social rides, as well as with resources including Open Shop and bike skill workshops.
Individuals must apply, be accepted, and attend a mandatory orientation session before receiving a voucher worth $200 toward a Cycles for Change bicycle. Voucher recipients will also receive a lock, lights, and helmet.
- Fill out the online application. Bike vouchers are for individuals 18 years and older only. Priority will be given to applicants who live or work in Cycles for Change’s neighborhoods; identify as Black, Indigenous, People of Color, femme, trans, non-binary, and/or women; and for whom is it financially difficult to buy a quality bicycle.
- Applicants will be notified via email or phone by April 1, 2018 if they are accepted.
- Voucher recipients must attend one group orientation at either the St. Paul or Minneapolis shop to pick up voucher, helmet, lock, and lights; meet other recipients; and learn basic bike tips and safety.
- Bike voucher must be used by June 15, 2017.
Let us know how your first bike rides went! Your feedback helps us to improve the experience of future Bike Voucher recipients and helps keep the program running. We’d love to hear your stories, including what went well and what didn’t. Contact [email protected] to share your story with us.