Cycles for Change Repair Menu and Rates
Complete Bike Services
Repair Estimate – Free
After discussing your bike with you, a mechanic will check the entire bike and recommend the service(s) the bike needs. We will take your budget into consideration and offer options.
Basic Tune Up – $70 +parts*
The Basic Tune Up includes installation of brake pads, cables, and housing (labor only); adjustment of brakes and shifting systems; lubrication of all moving parts; minor wheel truing; and a safety check of all bolts on the bike.
Deluxe Tune Up – $95 +parts*
The Deluxe Tune Up includes all the services of the Basic Tune Up, as well as bearing system adjustments, more significant wheel truing, and drive train cleaning/component replacement. The Deluxe Tune Up is For bikes that are in need of extra TLC.
Bicycle Overhaul – $120-180 +parts*
The Bicycle Overhaul includes complete bicycle disassembly, component cleaning, and repack; replacement of all bearings, brake and shifter cables and housings, and brake pads; wheel truing; and reassembly.
*$30 parts budget added to all estimates.
À la carte repairs
- Single speed build labor – $85
- Multi-speed bike build labor – $150
- Multi-speed frame swap labor – $180
Tires and wheels
- Flat fix/install and/or remove tire or tube – $7 (each)
- Remove/install freewheel – $7
- Cone adjustment – $15 (each wheel)
- Repack hub (each)
- Front – $25
- Rear – $30
- Wheel true/dish – $25 (each)
- Re-dish single-speed wheel – $30-40
- Spoke replacement & wheel truing – $10 (per spoke)
- Wheel building
- One wheel – $60
- Two wheels – $110
- Component measuring and spoke selection – $25
Derailleurs and brakes
- Adjust derailleur – $15
- Straighten derailleur hanger (includes derailleur adjustment) – $20
- Adjust brakes – $15 (each)
- Cable installation up-charge – $5 (each)
- Headset adjustment – $15
- Headset overhaul – $25
- Headset installation – $30
Bottom brackets, cranks and pedals
- Install bottom bracket and crank – $30
- Bottom bracket adjustment loose ball – $15
- Bottom bracket overhaul – $30
- Remove and/or install chain – $7
- Crankset removal and/or installation – $20
- Remove and/or install pedals – $7
- Chain ring installation – $15
Handlebars and misc. installations
- Bar tape installation – $12
- Handle bar swap (plus cables and wrap) – $25
- Cutting handlebars – $12
- Rack installation – $15-25
- Fender installation – $15-30
Machining and misc.
- Remove stuck parts – $15 and up
- Chase bottom bracket – $20
- Fork threading – $25 per inch
General labor rate
All other work is approximately $1/minute or $60/hour.
Labor charges are subject to estimate and approval by your mechanics.