Every 2nd and 4th Wednesday of the month
5:30 – 7:30pm — We take off at 6pm
Register now for Frogtown/Rondo dates:
- June 13 – Model Cities – 839 University Ave. W., St. Paul, MN 55104
- July 11 – Pilgrim Garden – 732 Central Ave W, St Paul, MN 55104
- August 8 – Cycles for Change St. Paul – 712 University Ave. W., St. Paul, MN 55104
Register now for East Side dates:
- June 27 – Indigenous Roots Cultural Center – 788 E. 7th St., St. Paul, MN 55106
- July 25 – East Side Freedom Library – 1105 Greenbrier St., St. Paul, MN 55106
- August 2 – Phalen Park – 1423 E. Shore Dr., St. Paul, MN 55106
Slow Roll St. Paul’s purpose is to highlight the amazing and vibrant communities within St. Paul. We aim to accomplish this through biweekly community rides held at different locations during the summer bike season months.
Founded in Detroit in 2010, Slow Roll is a fun, safe, and inclusive bike ride for people of all ages and skill levels.
The goal of Slow Roll St. Paul is to highlight our vibrant community by bringing people together through biweekly community bicycle rides. Slow Roll St. Paul creates community spaces that uplift the people reflected in St. Paul neighborhoods; incorporates the arts and cultures of Black, Indigenous, and people of color; and collaborates with bike organizations, non-bike organizations, and local businesses.
Everyone is welcome at Slow Roll St. Paul as we practice creating safer spaces. We do not support–nor will we tolerate–any bigoted remarks or actions. Racism, sexism, xenophobia, Islamophobia, ableism, ageism, homophobia, and transphobia are not welcome here. We reserve the right to ask anyone to leave Slow Roll St. Paul if they chose to not follow our guidelines or refuse to follow the safe space policies.
Our rides take it slow so there’s never any pressure to keep up and there’s plenty of time to meet other riders and see the city of St. Paul. Rides are “no-drop,” which means no one will be left behind. People of all ages and skill levels are welcome! So grab your bike and come out for a slow ride with us as we celebrate everything that makes St. Paul a great place to live!
Slow Roll St. Paul rides are a collaborative effort between Cycles for Change, St. Paul Smart Trips and Transit For Livable Communities.
Volunteering with Slow Roll St. Paul:
Slow Roll St. Paul is currently in need of volunteers for Summer 2018!
- Bike Marshaling
- Ability to bike rather quickly for 5-7 miles
- Must be at least 16 years of age
- Available to attend at least one bike marshal training
- Bike Mechanics
- Intermediate to advanced bike mechanic skills
- Ability to carry a backpack full of bike tools/supplies (about 5-10 lbs) for a duration of 5-7 miles
- People who want to volunteer but don’t have a bike/don’t want to bike/want to help in other ways:
- Set up and clean up volunteers
- Set up tables for check in and food
- Clean up (committed to recycling)
- On call safety volunteers
- Ability to drive (preferably have a car and working phone with a GPS/map app)
- Bike rack can be provided if needed
- Child activities volunteers
- Experience with young children preferred
- Ability to watch and occupy young children with activities for up to an hour
- First aid/CPR certified preferred
- Set up and clean up volunteers
- Photographer (preferably someone who won’t be bike marshaling in any way)